Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Starting Over?

Had my post-op appointment today, everything is fine with the surgery.  I am fully healed and the dr was happy with how the surgery went.  He said the polyp was "really large" and that he still can't decide "what is going on with my uterus."  Um, what?  He acted completely dumbfounded about the shape of my uterus.  I guess between the HSG, SHG, ultrasounds and now surgery he hasn't been able to tell the actual shape of my uterus, if it's normal shaped with a septum or if it's heart shaped. 

Next step, MRI to determine the shape.  If it's "normal" then we'll do surgery again to remove the septum but this time he'll make an umbilical incision to monitor the outside of the uterus.  Have to say I wasn't thrilled about that, because it means longer recovery.  If it is heart shaped we likely won't do anything as he doesn't feel it will cause a problem with fertility.  This confuses me.  If it's a septum it comes out because it does affect fertility but if it's heart shaped it's fine, well why can't it be fine if it's a septum?  I guess this is reason 34,502 I'm not a doctor. 

I do feel like I'm starting over though.  If the uterus is heart shaped, I am back on Femara, as the doctor feels the polyp could be due to being on Clomid, and "trying for another 6 months."  WHAT?  We were getting so close to having a "reason" for this crap and we're back to the "wait and see" game.  I about lost my crap right then and there.   I thought I would feel better after talking to the dr today, he has a way of giving me hope and putting me at ease, but I just feel so frustrated and lost, right back to square one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment